Sunday, December 29, 2013

The First Ever Strong-Arm/Strong-Or Figure


Strong-Or (called Strong-Arm in the cartoon) is a figure I never expected Mattel to make.  Strong-Arm (I prefer that name...so let's just use that one) only ever appeared in one episode of Masters of the Universe, but it happened to be one of the ones that, for whatever reason, cemented itself into my brain when I was 5.  He appeared in the episode "The She-Demon of Phantos" where he teamed up with Skeletor to enslave the planet Phantos and take the strongest metal ore in the universe for himself.  As a former miner, Strong-Arm had the necessary skills to create a new face and arm from Photanium after he was wounded in a mining accident.  He used his new arm to join forces with Skeletor in a grab for power.  In his only appearance, Strong-Arm shows off his ability to stretch his metal arm and uses it's immense strength to capture He-Man inside a photanium cell.

Strong-Arm has a truly bizarre appearance, featuring a metal head and arm, pointy ears, a blue spike mowhawk, and orange skin.  While he sort of looks like a mixup of random parts, I thought his mask was a really cool design and his bright blues and oranges add another vibrant addition to my already extremely colorful MotU Classics collection.  


Strong-Arm comes with a regular length arm, extended length arm, and Skeletor's shrinking ray.  The arms snap on and off easily, but are a good fit and are not loose once attached.




Here's a shot of Strong-Arm as I have him in my Castle Grayskull display where he's facing off against fellow glove enthusiast, Fisto. That spiked mace came with the castle, and I thought it fit his character more than the shrinking ray.


And now...your moment of zen.


No comments:

Post a Comment