Sunday, July 20, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy: Iron Man

One of the last figures I'm in the market for is another Iron Man and if there wasn't a BAF involved that I really wanted, I would have probably passed on this one.  That being said, this Iron Man shares a scuplt with the previously released "Bleeding Edge Armor" figure and I kind of wanted that one.  After I opened the package, I was happy to have him.

As the most recent Guardians of the Galaxy series started, Tony Stark had wanted a break from the Avengers, and the Earth, and had joined up with the Guardians for some interstellar adventuring.  This figure shows off Tony's latest deep space-ready armor.






Unlike the other Marvel Legends Iron Man figures since about the middle of the Toybiz run, this Iron Man is a good size.  They have seemed undersized for a while now, which is not what you want from a figure that is supposed to be a regular sized guy inside a larger suit. Below you can see how this new figure matches up to the original Marvel Legends Series 1 suit and with the Hulkbuster armor from a later Toybiz series.  He's just a tad smaller, but I would expect Tony's armor to have become more sleek since his earlier designs.  I think the new suit fits in great with my Stark armory.


Check back soon for a post featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy series Build-a-Figure: Groot!

No comments:

Post a Comment