Thursday, June 27, 2013

Marvel Select Iron Man 3 (Mark XLII)



Today I picked up the Marvel Select Iron Man Mark XLII figure based on the new armor featured in Iron Man 3.  I was hesitant to buy this figure, if for no other reason than I already have so many Iron Man figures.  Iron Man is an easy character to collect because he has so many armors, but at some point you have to get choosy.  I passed on this at the comic store earlier in the day, but by 6:30 I was back at the store picking it up...and I'm glad I did.  I thought it couldn't get any better than my MS Iron Man figure from the 2nd feature film, but after posing and photographing this new find, I can definitively say, it's the best Iron Man figure in my collection.

For those who aren't familiar with the difference, Marvel Select figures generally stand at least 7" tall, while the more abundant Marvel Legends figures average around 6".  My Marvel collection features both, because it makes sense for some figures to be larger than others.  Iron Man, Thor, & Hulk should be noticeably bigger than Cap, Hawkeye, and Spider-man.  I have both lines represented in my Iron Man collection, but again, with so many armor options, I feel the varying heights only add to the visual of the overall armory.

Enough about that though!  Check out this awesome figure!



This figure comes with two heads; masked & unmasked, and two sets of hands; open and closed fists.  I thought the Iron Man 2 figure had a great Robert Downey Jr. figure likeness, but this one is even better.  Look further down below to see RD Jr. from Iron Man 3 talking to RD Jr. from Iron Man 2.







Now here are a few comparisons of the Mark XLII against some of my other favorite armors.  Below are my 3 Marvel Select 7" figures.  Iron Man 2 suit (left), Iron Man 3 suit (center), & Ultimate Iron Man (right).



This one is a comparison of the Marvel Select 7" Mark XLII against the classic 6" Marvel Legends Iron Man.  Very different styles, but both awesome toys representing two very different periods in the character's development.


And now my favorite part of these posts...the funny stuff.





This figure is a great mix of likeness and pose-ability.  An excellent figure that is actually worth it's $25 price tag.  This is a must-have for Iron Man fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment