Monday, February 14, 2011

Custom Spidey-Lantern!

No photoshop tricks here, folks, just a few pics of my new custom Green Lantern figure....Spider-Man! Due to a situation with an ebay seller, I ended up with 2 GL figures of the same character. I took the worse figure of the two and pulled off his head. I had a few extra Spidey heads laying around so I tried a few on to find the best fit and got to work. I used model car enamel for the first time on this project. I had tried doing action figure customs in the past with standard acrylic paints and they always chipped off. This paint goes on smooth and looks great when it dries, but it was awful to work with. Very runny and hard to control. The GL-Spidey emblems on his chest and back definitely don't look professional quality, but as hard as the paint was to control, I'm proud of how they turned out. I ended up painting all the green and white parts of this figure, as my enamel was very glossy and I though that would look nice against the dull black paint of the original GL figure. All in all, I'd say he's a success. He fits right in with my GL collection. I'll have to post pics of my whole group soon. I keep hoping to come across the brand new Kyle Rayner figure at Walmart, but no luck so far.




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I need one of these for my Spider-Man bathroom. Looks great. Good custom work.

    ReplyDelete